Monday, December 18, 2006

It is written evil will inherit the earth and laughter will echo throughout the universe...


After recently watching The Spookies again, I'm still not sure if its really meant to be a comedy or a horror movie. It plays like your average low-budget monster fare, but then there's scenes, like the farting monsters scene, that makes it seem like a parody. Is this a better version of Saturday the 14th? Regardless, its a weird fuckin' movie and I fuckin' love it.

The song in question here is the main theme. It plays during the opening and closing credits. This piece comes from the latter, seeing as its much longer.

The track is here -



P.S - Also came across this interesting article on the movie. Couldn't make this post without this here http://www.lovelife.com/makingof.html

2 comments:

The Fiji Mermaid said...

Good post. I was thinking about this movie back in October when I was trying to remember old 80s horror flicks. I haven't seen this one in years!

pooter said...

Great choice! I remember taping this theme when I was a kid. Or teenager i should say. I can remember there being some other good music in this film in a chase sequence perhaps?